Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Use Android phone as PC Webcamera via USB



android webcam usb

* If you have WiFi access, then you can skip to  Turn your Android device into a Wireless Webcam

I had a common suggestions from most of my friends, to purchase a webcam, but now I have my brand new Android Device with 5MP camera and LED Flash, supporting 720p video recording as I've already said that the Android Platform is the Ultimate one which can full fill most of your requirements by one or the other way. After troubleshooting the Smartphones, now I've mastered over my Android and here I'm back with a new experiment and her I'll tell you about using your Android devices camera as your PC's  Web Camera  via USB.., But before proceeding further, do you know that Google PlayStore can revile your downloads (activities) publicly & this may embrace you; if not plz proceed here


* No need of Rooting 
android webcam 
Step1: Download IP Web Camera[1] file, this includes an APK file for Android device(2.0 & later),
IP Camera Adapter for your Windows PC and a Read Me file.

Step2: Install IP Webcam_droidtricksqvga.apk on your Android device(2.0 & later),
            Install IP Camera Adapter on your Windows PC. (ref : 192.168.42.129:8888/windows.html)
            For Linux download prepare-videochat.sh.

Step3:  Enable USB Debugging mod,
             enable USB Tethering.

Step4:  Open IP Webcam app installed on your Android Device and tap on start server.
             Take  down URL displayed on bottom of your screen, open it on your PC.
             * Here you can verify the functionality of the App.


 Step5: Use Skype as Video Chat Application(I personally recommend this), in select web cam drop box always select MJPEG Camera.



Skype_Settings
Skype Video Settings
 Step6: Update the Camera Feed URL, with the URL you saw in your Android Screen
(http://192.168.42.129:8888/videofeed) Username and Password may left blank
Skype_Webcam_Settings
Webcam Settings

In case of error verify your proxy settings( change 8888 to 8080), and don't forget to allow IP Camera Adapter through the Firewall...


Well do you have there basic apps on your smartphone...???
Dose your smart phone troubling you...???
If yes the you must read about the Tricks to master over your Device...


                                    Hope you will enjoy with the new Android USB Webcam, 



[1] http://reliabledownloads.org/file/0t95j9
                            (MIRROR)
[1]  http://www.adrive.com/public/tJbFr5/IP Web Cam (Android as Webcam).rar 


15 comments:

  1. i've tried everything,but when i connect my android in usb tetherng mode,my internet doesn't work,i mean i lose my connection.And when i disconnect d usb tethering,i'll get access to internet.PLEASE help me on this.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just follow d procedure that I've stated, in case of network error "You must allow in your PC's Network Setup Wizard" that automatically pops up(in Windows OS), if not Plz configure your PC's network settings manually...

      Delete
    2. What OS u r using...???
      In case of Windows have u installed ADB..???

      Delete
  2. I am using Windows 8.
    When I open skype in windows 8(preinstalled)nothing like MPEJG is there I have done every thing like u. And IP webcam PC adapter says HOST NOT FOUND.
    I've checked my ip.Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Skype, by default don't provide you d Option MJPEG Camera, you get that only after installing IP Camera Adapter and restarting the Skype Application for several times..., I'vd faced this problem in the initial stage..., so Chill and work on it as I've stated above. I hope you've already installed Android Debug Bridge(ADB) :)

      Delete
  3. But is the video preview secure...Will i have to make a compromise on the security of the feed??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dint find any issues yet.., feel free to share in case of any issues here... Good Day :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Sriharsha...this is Karthik here...I wanted to share my android screen on projector..i dont have hdmi port on my device...can u suggest me something???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where should I type my URL?? It doesn't show any place to type it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear LeyLa Cajic...,
      In your Skype Desktop App, go to Tools Menu, select Options.., in the Pop up screen go to Video Settings & now Plz follow step 5...

      Delete
  6. Very nice idea working on my pc
    thanks for sharing this great idea.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when i started ip web cam on my phone then it says "how do i connect" and there is no option for usb ...what to do

    ReplyDelete
  8. B4 Starting IP Web Cam App do this ( w.r.t Android 4.0.4)

    1.USB Debugging mod:
    ->MENU -> SETTINGS -> DEVELOPER OPTIONS -> check Enable USB Debugging

    2. USB Tethering:
    ->MENU -> SETTINGS -> MORE(under Wireless & Networks) ->Tethering & Portable hotspot -> check USB Tethering

    ReplyDelete
  9. friend i did all that u said...but it still showing connecting to camera in skype web cam settings preview box

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Common Errors in English

Although English is a foreign language yet its important to learn in our country, If you needs to survive just out of your state now En...